Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back to Utah

Last week I returned home from a nice getaway to Utah. The plan was to do nothing but relax, spend time with friends and family and eat Cafe Rio. It was a success! I was there for 2 1/2 weeks but it still didn't seem long enough! I was such a slacker with my camera so many rendezvous aren't pictured, but I did happen to end up with a lot of my niece and nephew. They're cute, so it works.

This trip I met Abby for the first time!
She is a tiny little lady and so adorable.
I got to spend a lot of time with her, Gabe and my sista Rachael.


One of a few lunch dates with friends. I love these ladies!
And I love that we're all having babies together.
Bethany was 29 weeks, Kassidy 18 weeks and I was 14 weeks in this picture.
Cuddle time with Oreo
Dad and Sammy


A day at the Dinosaur park with Gabe

Um, cutest.
Rachael & Abby
Visiting Daniel
My friend Allison and I found these helpful books for dads-to-be at a baby boutique in SLC.
I was tempted to buy them for Joel.

When I got to Utah I was about 14 weeks along and (praise the Lord!) my nausea had mostly subsided, my appetite came back and I had more energy. Sadly, my night sickness (let's be honest here, the term "morning sickness" really needs to go) hadn't made its way out--and still hasn't totally yet--so the flight there and back was pure torture. Also, recently my anxiety has begun manifesting itself through a fear of flying. Not a great combo.

It was all worth it to be able to hang out with family and get together with friends. It's hard to imagine that when we visit next for Christmas we will be bringing a baby with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment